Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Do ESTPs Practice the Hardest?

ESTPs are often called "energizer bunnies" for their ability to keep going and going. I have an ESTP son who tires me out with sports, he can play baseball, tennis, or basketball for hours, long after his friends have passed out. He doesn't get progressively tired like I do (I'm an ENTP), but rather hits a wall and then stops or goes to sleep.

With the current popular trend of "deliberate practice" influencing sports and music, a lot of attention is being placed on nurture overcoming nature - that hard work is far more important than talent. I agree with this view, and try to apply to it my daily life, but could it also be that practicing hard comes easiest to ESTPs?

1 comment:

  1. I think it comes easiest to ISTJ - which makes sense given the nature of results commonly produced the dominant Si-Te combo (reliable, consistent, meticulous, diligent, efficient, ordered, organised etc.)

    A lot of great pro athletes are mistyped as ISTP and ESTP when they are actually ISTJ IMO (Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Wayne Gretsky, David Beckham, Sachin Tendulkar are a few that come to mind).

    ReplyDelete