Monday, April 12, 2010

The Best Pitcher in Baseball is an ENTP

As an ENTP, I take some pride in claiming the best pitcher in baseball - Tim Lincecum. Described as a "math geek", "having a little rain main in him", and being a "goofy" voice impersonator, he's looks and talks like any other ENTP. And he's unorthodox, from his delivery to the way he only ices when hurt.

Baseball ENTPs are about results, not looking smooth. Rob Dibble, Dennis Eckersely, Johnny Damon, Kevin Youkilis, and Lincecum have all brought goofy stances and pitching motions. Curt Schilling's motion was reasonably subdued for an ENTP, but he made up for it with his hyper-opinionated ENTP mouth.

This 2008 Seattle Times article is filled with ENTPisms about Lincecum. Some of my favorites "It's one of my little mannerisms I do, outside of what other people do" (referring to eating while squatting), "I don't know, maybe I'm just a little weird".

1 comment:

  1. I love that kid. As an ENTP myself I get it. Tim and Buster are 2 of my favorite players of all time.

    ReplyDelete